Friday, October 15, 2010

NBC use of my photo in Blog

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/worth-the-drive/WORTH-THE-DRIVE-Night-Party-at-Calis-Tallest-Lighthouse-104902784.html
NBC Los Angeles originally called the hostel front desk about the Pigeon Point Lighthouse State Historic Park annual lighting this year on November 13th, 2010 and asked if we had any photos they could use. When the front desk said they had to ask me, NBC said: "Oh wait, I see some photos here on the Facebook Page." (www.facebook.com/pigeon.point.lighthouse.hostel). I then got an e-mail from the author who then said she got permission from the front desk to use the photo! So I promptly replied and said: "No. That is not ok." That is my photo and what are you going to do about it? She promptly called me the next day and apologized and said it was her bad and offered to take the photo off the blog. I said, well, I am ok with you using the photo as long as I get credit and my website is mentioned. She said OK and that is how I got it published. I see no web results because of it yet, but perhaps time will allow that. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment